If you live in Butler or Warren counties in the Republican-leaning suburbs of Cincinnati, you can vote for president beginning in October by going to a polling place in the evening or on weekends. Republican officials in those counties want to make it convenient for their residents to vote early and avoid long lines on Election Day. But, if you live in Cincinnati, you’re out of luck. Republicans on the county election board are planning to end early voting in the city promptly at 5 p.m., and ban it completely on weekends, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer. The convenience, in other words, will not be extended to the city’s working people.
Ah, federalism and localism — when it comes to voting, their virtues are even less evident than usual. If Bush v. Gore was constitutional law this would be illegal.
- swordofomens reblogged this from abbyjean
- neruda33 likes this
- quickhits likes this
- strictlyalright likes this
- se-smith likes this
- nomorepie likes this
- alkaline-milk-hotel likes this
- This was featured in #Election 2012
- libraryofthedeep likes this
- rudiecantfailtomakeyouorgasm reblogged this from abbyjean
- fatmanatee reblogged this from abbyjean and added:
- kriszensufi likes this
- abbyjean posted this