- having significant bra problems. this sucks because this is supposed to be the reliable bra and i don’t have time to obtain new bras until next weekend.
- meeting with state legislators. watching them spend the entire meeting acting like they are taking notes but really drawing pictures of trees. not very good at drawing trees, even.
- watching a 38 minute online training video of how to use a data upload website for a funder. simultaneously have a window open with the post-quiz so i can fill it in as i go along. trying not to fall asleep.
- looking forward to this evening, which involves a delicious dinner and a project involving a huge map, different colored highlighters, and tape flags.
- prepared brought and made a delicious lunch for myself, high five me.
usually comments sections fill me with dread and shame and loathing, but i have found a set of comments sections that i truly enjoy: comments on US weekly articles. (“articles.”) they are full of people who feel like they genuinely know and connect with the mentioned celebrities and give them well-intentioned advice designed to make their lives better. (yes, there are people calling them sluts and ugly and untalented, but they are usually drowned out by people talking about them like they are friends from high school or distant relatives.) it is somewhat heart warming to think of people considering how mariah carey can really live her best life and be as happy as possible. because i also want mariah carey to live her best life and be as happy as possible!
- figure out how to get some exercise so i don’t sit in an office chair all day every day like a slug person
- be better about bringing food for lunch, file drawer almonds are not a real lunch
- go to bed on time like a grownup
- figure out plans for labor day weekend trip because just having a hotel is not a real trip plan
- oh yeah i just changed health insurance figure out all my new providers and prescriptions and referrals and stuff
- also figure out what is wrong with my stomach and fix it already
- find out how people make friends and do that
- maybe i should drink more, seriously
- manage my library books better
This is how I’m celebrating Women’s Equality Day, guys. Let’s all make life fixing to-do lists.
i don’t know how this happened but it appears that i am genuinely invested in the bachelor-industrial complex. i had real emotions upon finding out who the next bachelor will be (chris the farmer, yay!). these shows are legitimately awful and promote the most antiquated gender roles - the only way it could be worse is if all the women were expected to wear corsets. i’m pretty disappointed in myself but also excited about upcoming mindless tv time.
(my 17,000th post was about beyonce and feminism - seems about right.)
there are several women who cannot correctly remember their emails, so i get their shipping confirmations for a new set of kitchen cabinets, their invitations to bible study group, or even emails from their grandparents. today, i got this:
Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding! It was really great speaking with you this morning, Teravista would be delighted to host your wedding and be a part of your special day! Friday, October 24th and Sunday, October 26th are currently available.
As we discussed, if you choose to move forward with having your wedding and reception here, I’d be happy to discount the rental to $1200.00. If you decide to just have your reception at The Ranch House, the rental price will be $800.00. This includes our tables, chairs, standard white linens, and our staff setting up and tearing down the setup.
If you would like to view pictures of The Ranch House or show friends and family, please follow the link below:
The Ranch House at Teravista http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151223928137631.442159.208781297630&type=3
We think you will agree The Ranch House has a special uniqueness and charm that you won’t find at other venues! Again, we would love to help make your day so special!
so today has been declared official beyonce appreciation day and we’re supposed to stay home from work, watch that performance a few more times, and practice our killer dance moves - right?
and i have food restrictions of my own and greatly appreciate when others are aware and accommodating of them.
but sometimes i just want to say “i want to go to the all you can eat korean bbq place where all they serve is meat.”
whosebob said: Will you be watching the Jennie Garth Project on HGTV?
thank you for doing the work of a hero by letting me know about this. yes i will be watching it. did you see this picture?